Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Love Salmon!

Last week, I tried a delicious salmon recipe. I love salmon prepared in many different ways, and this was no exception. This was so delicious, and tasted even better than I thought it would. I mean, the recipe does sound good, but the taste is just wonderful! It exceeded my expectations. The recipe can be found on this lovely blog.

The cilantro is an unexpected, but wonderful addition to this recipe. The parmesan cheese combines with the other ingredients to form a pleasing, slightly thick sauce. My salmon fillet was Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. I love Sockeye! I almost added feta to this, but decided not to at the last minute. It probably would have been good either way, but I'm glad I followed the recipe. I broke my 1-lb salmon fillet up into 6 big chunks when I made this, instead of little chunks. My husband was raving about this dish as well! We served it with steamed brown rice and roasted asparagus.  Enjoy this delicious, healthy recipe!

Cilantro Salmon & Tomatoes
from Eating, Etc.
Serves 4

2T olive oil
1 fresh garlic clove, minced
1 pound wild salmon (I used frozen sockeye)
salt & pepper, to taste
1/2tsp dried dill weed
1/4tsp paprika
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
3-4 fresh tomatoes, chopped, or one can (14-15 oz) petite diced tomatoes
juice of two lemons
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3T butter
8 dashes hot pepper sauce (eg: Frank’s Hot Sauce, Tabasco)
favorite steamed rice

1) In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.

2) Season salmon with salt, pepper, dill weed, and paprika.

3) Place salmon, skin side down, in skillet & cook for about 3 minutes.

4) Turn salmon with spatula. Remove and dispose of skin. Cook for another 3 minutes, breaking fish into chunks.

5) Add garlic, tomatoes, & lemon juice. Continue cooking until salmon flakes easily and is cooked through, but still tender; do not overcook.

6) Stir in cilantro, butter, parmesan, & hot pepper sauce and mix well. Cook 1-2 minutes.

7) Serve over your favorite steamed rice.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

1 comment:

LadyJayPee said...

I bet it would be good with a little feta, Dishy.