Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Simple Lunch

One of my favorite things to eat for lunch or dinner is a good sandwich. The sandwich I made today was good- not spectacular or anything, but good. ;) I took a leftover piece of a Trader Joe's baguette, layered on half of a sliced avocado, then 2 slices of natural (nitrate-free) deli ham, and 2 thin slices of swiss cheese. I put a tiny bit of light mayo on the bread, but pesto or something more flavorful would have been better.

I love making sandwiches and I'll be back with more ideas later!

With my sandwich, I snacked on some Trader Joe's mini heirloom tomatoes. They are so sweet and good, and interesting! They are green, purple, yellow, orange, red, etc, and all different shapes!

I love Trader Joe's. I suppose I'll have to do a post just about Trader Joe's sometime. It's one of my favorite stores, ever. http://www.traderjoes.com/ We have to travel a little to get to one, but it's totally worth it!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Dishy, those tomatoes are beautiful. I so wish we had a Trader Joe's on my side of the country - or at least near me!

Linda said...

Dishy I've never thought to look for nitrate free ham. Is that a TJ thing also? You are so lucky to have a TJ's--I emailed them one time to beg them to put one in Oklahoma--never heard back. :( Those heirlooms are wonderful--my favorite tomatoes! Sammy looks good too :o)

Carrie said...

wow i've never seen such colorful tomaotoes! that baguette sandwich looks sooo good...nothing beats a good sandwich for lunch.

What a Dish! said...

Granny, TJ's has their own brand of nitrate-free stuff, I think, but the stuff I use is just Hormel's brand of nitrate-free meats. It's fairly new, and I get it at Wallyworld, of all places! It's located with the other packaged deli meats. www.hormelnatural.com