Monday, February 2, 2009

World Peace Cookies with Dulce de Leche

Today I tried Dorie Greenspan's "World Peace Cookies". They were easy to make, and very tasty. I thought they would be delicious as sandwich cookies- with Dulce de Leche holding them together. They don't really need the Dulce de Leche, as they are delicious as-is, but the Dulce de Leche adds even more deliciousness. Here is the recipe for the cookies. You can make your own Dulce de Leche if you want, but since I have access to good, convenient, canned Dulce de Leche, I just used that. Since the Dulce de Leche was pretty soft, I found I had to refrigerate it before spreading it on the cookies so it didn't just ooze out the sides.

Oh yeah, today, I've been blogging for exactly a year! In blogging lingo, it's my "Blogiversary". Yes, I said it! (Big cheesey grin).

8 comments:

Linda said...

Well Happy Blogiversary, Dishy! Your cookies look fantastic!

LadyJayPee said...

How could it be a year already?! I still have those cookies on my to-do list; I feel it coming soon though!

Carrie said...

Happy blogiversary!

Those cookies look amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and delicious way to mark your blogiversary. Wishing you many, many more happy blogs!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dishy! Thank you for your blogs and sharing your adventures (food and otherwise) with us all. Kathye

CookiePie said...

YUM! I didn't think anything could make those cookies better - but you found just the thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Somebody can explain me why everybody is baking World Peace Cookies? Is some celebration? I wanna know!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your picture of these cookies is fabulous. When I make these cookies, I cheat and add an egg to the batter so they are easier to handle. It does not look like you have any problems making these though!