Sunday, June 28, 2009

Willkommen in Deutschland!

We are visiting Germany for a little while this summer. For my "Welcome to Germany" post, I really wanted to show you a big ol' plate of Rahmschnitzel with Spaetzle, or a grilled wurst of some kind, but both times we went out to eat here (and ate those things) I forgot my camera. Next time!

We have visited Germany once before; 2 years ago, and it's great to be back in the land of Blumen, Erdbeeren, Schnitzel, Spargel, Kartoffeln, Marzipan, and Joghurt. We really like it here!

We have done a lot since we got here, but one of the first things we did was go to a huge park full of roses, all different kinds. This park was very scenic, located by a beautiful river, with a lake inside, and there were probably hundreds of different kinds of roses. They love flowers here. They are everywhere, even on the grounds of swimming pools, and they are well-tended.


Germany is a very clean country. In some parks, dogs aren't even allowed to poop!

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

4 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

I had to "ja ja ja" about the joghurt. Oh, and the poor sign for dogs. :) The flower photos are gorgeous!

What a Dish! said...

Ja ja ja JPee! Thanks!

Sonya said...

We have those same dog signs in the netherlands..I've never seen anything like that in the U.S..LOL I also love Germany...infact we love it so much we are going to jump the border and buy a home there in the next few years.

Enjoy your visit and I love the photos!

Linda said...

What gorgeous roses! I'm so glad you are enjoying Germany.

LOL on the "no pooping" sign!