Friday, June 4, 2010

Spicy Garlic-Lime Chicken

Here is an oldie but goodie recipe from Allrecipes.  I used to make this often, and decided to re-visit it.  It's still delicious!  It's pretty easy too, especially if you mix up the spice mixture beforehand.  I doubled the spice mixture (except the salt) and there wasn't enough to coat all the chicken.  I think I would quadruple it next time for four chicken breasts.  I'll reflect that in my post.  Also, I think this dish would be good de-glazed with something to get all the spices and yumminess off the pan; maybe chicken broth or wine.  Then you could pour that liquid over the chicken when serving.  We had this with yummy Cilantro-Lime Rice

Spicy Garlic-Lime Chicken
adapted from Allrecipes

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
cayenne pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1.In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.

2.Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6-10 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

3 comments:

Amy said...

Mmm I'm definitely trying this one!

Anonymous said...

Yum Dishy!

jam

LadyJayPee said...

This is on my list to make!