Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Buttermilk Dressing

This is a great Ranch-style homemade dressing, made completely from scratch!  Well, I didn't make my own mayo or buttermilk, but I can still live with myself.  This recipe comes from Homesick Texan.  I've only tried it on salads so far, but I can't wait to try it on other foods (or as a dip).  It's not too garlicky like other Ranch dressing's I've made, and it was so easy to mix up.  I mixed it up with my immersion blender to make sure there were no garlic chunks.  I decreased the cilantro (I wanted an all-purpose flavor) and left out the spicy pepper.

Buttermilk Dressing
adapted from Homesick Texan

1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of sour cream (I used light)
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 Tablespoon of chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of chopped fresh chives
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper to taste

1.  Mix all the ingredients together and let chill for an hour.  Makes 1 cup; keeps for a week in the refrigerator.  This makes a thinner dressing; if you prefer it thicker, use 1/2 cup of mayo.
 
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I am a Ranch addict...this looks delicious!

Linda said...

I love the grinning child in the background. ;)

I've always just used the packet--I must give this a try for the above "Ranch addict". :)