Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gourmet's Creamy Coleslaw

I've never made coleslaw before, and felt like making some a few weeks ago.  My sometimes-sad store was out of cabbage though, so I didn't get around to making this until yesterday, when I finally had some cabbage in my fridge.  I want to make this next time we have pulled chicken or pulled pork, so I can pile it on top of the meat.  I bought the smallest head of cabbage I could find, but it was still over two pounds, so I only used half of it for one pound of cabbage.  (What am I gonna do with the other half of cabbage now?!  Lol.)

Gourmet's Creamy Coleslaw
adapted from Gourmet mag via Epicurious

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
3-4 tablespoons sugar (add more or less to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 lb green cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, shredded

1.  Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined well, then toss with cabbage and carrots. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.  Can make one day ahead.  Store in refrigerator.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: