Monday, October 3, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I love this baked oatmeal.  Well, I've only made it twice; the first time was about 6 years ago, and I thought, "Wow, I'll be making that all the time!"  And then.... 6 years later..... here we are.  Lol.  But maybe from now ON, I will be making this all the time.  Next time I make it, I want to try to use half applesauce for the butter, because I really need less buttah in my life. 

This will make your house smell amazing, and it tastes pretty good too.  :)  I enjoy it with a bit of milk.  Use old-fashioned oats.  I cut this recipe in half the last time I made it, but wished I had made the whole thing.  The whole recipe does make a lot though; a 9x13 pan.

Baked Oatmeal
adapted from Allrecipes

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).            

2.  In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.               

3.  Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.               


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

2 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

How weird...just minutes ago, I was thinking I should take out my recipe for baked oatmeal and make it!

What a Dish! said...

Lol- that is creepy Jpee!! J/k. Baked oatmeal makes me feel all warm inside. You should make some baked oatmeal goodness!