Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing

This is a delicious dressing- I make it as a topping for Sweet Pork Tacos, but this is also good for a salad or for dipping.  This stuff is so good that I could seriously just drink it straight..... or maybe I have done that.  Hmmm......
The full recipe makes a ton, so I always cut it in half when I make this (recipe reflected below).  This recipe uses dry Ranch dressing mix powder, and the full recipe calls for a whole package of the dry mix.  It's a pain to use a half package, but I found a larger container of dry Ranch and you can just measure out however much you want.  One full package of regular Ranch is 3 Tablespoons, so I use 1 1/2 Tablespoons for my recipe.  (By the way- the package of dry Ranch, below, isn't available where I live... (for you locals, lol!); I got it when I visited my mom.  But I'm sure that those Stateside can find it). 
Cilantro-Ranch Dressing
from here

1/2 envelope dry ranch dressing mix (1 1/2 tablespoons)
3/4 cup fresh cilantro (or more!  I doubled this last time)
2 small tomatillos (OR use a few Tbs. green salsa)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream (light works)
juice of 1/2 lime
dash cayenne pepper (optional)

1.  Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: