Saturday, April 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce

I bookmarked this recipe a long time ago but only got around to making it a few weeks ago.  I'm also behind in my blogging, so I'm just now getting around posting this.  This was so good though!  And super easy.  This turns out super thick, creamy, and flavorful.  It was way better than the cheap ice cream we had in our freezer to put it on.  (My ice cream maker is sick- so sad!)

I only made a half-recipe of this and it was more than enough for us, and it lasted a while in the fridge, too. 

PS:  My daughter's birthday is today!!  Right now she's staying up late with us while we watch "Forks Over Knives", fun, fun!  I will have to get around to posting about her cake later; I haven't even put the pics on the computer yet!  She had a really fun day though. 
Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce
adapted from Heather's Dish
1/2 recipe- can double easily

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar (original recipe calls for regular sugar)
1 cups milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I like mini semi-sweet)

1.  Whisk together the cocoa, sugar, and milk in a saucepan over medium low heat. Once it starts to warm up add the peanut butter and whisk it into the mixture. Add the vanilla and salt and bring mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly. Let it reduce down a bit until it’s at your desired consistency for ice cream topping.  Not too much though; this gets very thick as it starts to cool.  Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate chips until melted. Serve over ice cream and enjoy!
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

1 comment:

azoresgal said...

we are on the same wave length...I posted chocolate syrup.....this looks divine !!!!