The kids peeled and cut the bananas with a butter knife, while I melted the chocolate and peanut butter together, and then we all dipped them together and covered with sprinkles.
Frozen Banana Bites
adapted from Never Homemaker
2 large bananas
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
Unsweetened coconut flakes OR Sprinkles
1. Set out a large plate with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
2. Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
3. Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth. Or melt together on the stove in s double boiler or very heavy saucepan on very low heat.
4. Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops. Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes , or sprinkles, on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
5. You can eat them like this but they are good frozen for longer.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **