Sunday, June 3, 2012

Strawberry Quark

This is a breakfast treat that my Dad makes when we come to visit.  Quark, a German, tangy, creamy, soft cheese, is now available over here, so I picked some up recently and made Strawberry Quark for my fam for breakfast.  I've seen Quark in a few bigger-city grocery stores in the States, but if you can't find it, you can strain plain yogurt overnight, making homemade yogurt cheese, which tastes very similar.  You can also use different fruit; I know my Dad has used blueberries before.  I've only had this with strawberries and it is very good!

Strawberry Quark
from my Dad

500 grams Quark
250 grams milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 ounces)
1-2 cups fresh sliced strawberries

1.  Place the quark into a large serving bowl.  Add milk and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is creamy.  Stir in the dry vanilla pudding mix until smooth and combined, and then fold in strawberries.  Serve.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: