Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chocolate Frosty


I'm taking a break from the States pics to post a little recipe.

Before we left on our vacation to the US, I tried this recipe for a homemade chocolate Frosty, like they serve at Wendy's fast food chains.  It was very good, but very, very sweet.  It was fun to make, but after tasting a real one again, this summer, I realized the "real" ones are a little bit more creamy.  I've bookmarked another recipe to try for later, but thought I'd put this one out there too, as it was pretty good.  To cut back on the sweetness next time, I'd sub one cup of chocolate milk for plain milk.  This recipe is super easy!
Chocolate Frosty
adapted from The Country Cook

1 quart (4 cups) chocolate milk (try switching out one cup to white milk)
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

1.  Whisk ingredients together and freeze in your ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.  Consume right away!  :) 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: