Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lebanese Seven Spice Mix

I've been meaning to post this "recipe" for a while; ever since making this Pasta dish a few months ago.  This is also good on hand to have for other Lebanese recipes.  I cannot buy 7-spice locally.  I could order it online, but I made it with spices I already had on hand.  I did have to buy Fenugreek online to make this, but figured I would be using it (hopefully!) in some other ethnic dishes.  The website I got this from also states that this can be used as an Egyptian spice.

The first photo is beef cubes and red onion grilling on skewers, brushed with fresh lemon juice and sprinkled with 7-spice.  Then we ate the meat & onions in some Trader Joe's Middle-Eastern Flatbreads (brought back in our suitcase) with feta, tomato, Kalamata olives, and lettuce.  I wanted some plain yogurt to add on, but my store was out.  These were sooo good!

Mix this up to have on hand when the fancy strikes to make some Lebanese food.  I love Lebanese food- it's so good!!  I can't decide whether I like Lebanese, Indian, or Greek food more.  :) 
Lebanese Seven Spice Mix
adapted from HowToExpo

1/2 teaspoon ground Allspice
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground Fenugreek
1/2 teaspoon powdered Ginger
1.  Mix up all spices together and store in a spice container.  :)  Alternatively, you may use whole spices and grind them in a spice grinder. 
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

1 comment:

LadyJayPee said...

This stuff is so good!