I loved this version of the grilled cheese sandwich. I made these quite a while ago; before I went on vacation. They are as delicious as the other jalapeno popper dishes I've made (all from the Closet Cooking blog!)
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
adapted from Closet Cooking
makes 1 sandwich
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded (or use pickled slices)
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the cream cheese of one slice of bread, top with the jalapenos, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- 2. Add the sandwich and cook (turning once) until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **