Friday, May 23, 2014

Flourless (Gluten-Free) Peanut Butter Cookies

cc4W
These were SO good, quick and easy!!  A cooking friend of mine made them kind of recently, so I bookmarked the recipe.  Since we're moving, I'm on a never-ending quest to try to use up all the food I can before we leave, lol, and these used up a cup of peanut butter, yay!  I also brought them to the street bullfight; two birds with one stone!  They had a great taste and texture; the original recipe says not to use natural peanut butter, but I did half and half with natural and Jif, and they were great.
ccW
Flourless (Gluten-Free) Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from King Arthur Flour

1 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips or mini chips

1.  Preheat your oven to 350°F.  Beat the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt at medium speed of your mixer, until well-blended.  Add the egg and vanilla, and blend on low-medium speed until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

2.  Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful (or make mini cookies with a teaspoon- I did this) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (a cookie scoop is best for this job) and push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly.

3.  Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes (a bit shorter for minis). Remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan. The tops should be slightly crinkled and you will want to pull them BEFORE they begin to brown on the edges.

Yield: 18 cookies (or more if you make them smaller.)
cc3W
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

3 comments:

Linda said...

I had a cousin on Facebook tell me I should try these with almond butter. I bought almond butter at TJ's, and I love it! Just haven't tried them in cookies yet.

What a Dish! said...

I bet they'd be wonderful with almond butter as well.

LadyJayPee said...

Yum these look great. I can hardly wait to try them.