Monday, November 17, 2014

Japanese Dry Curry

My friend and I were chatting online a few weeks ago and she mentioned she was making "Dry Curry" for dinner.  I had no idea what that was, so I asked.  She is Japanese, and I have so many good recipes from her.  Yakisoba, Croquettes, Sushi, and she also taught me how to make Lumpia.  I'm missing her today, so I thought I'd post this recipe.  This is called a "dry" curry in that it's not saucy like a regular curry.  It's simple to make and a good weeknight dinner.
Japanese Dry Curry
adapted from Japanese Cooking 101 and my friend H.S.

1 tsp oil
1 lb (450g) ground beef
1 1/2 cup onion (minced)
1 cup green bell peppers (minced)
1 cup carrot (minced)
2 cloves garlic (minced) (Can mince all veggies together in food processor- easy and saves time.)
1-2 tbsp curry powder
1 can whole tomatoes (28 oz = 800g)
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
salt, to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup raisin
Steamed Rice
4 hard boiled eggs (peeled & chopped)

1.  Heat oil in a pot and brown ground beef.  Add minced vegetables and saute for 5 minutes. Add curry powder and saute for another 2 minutes.  Add the rest of the ingredients (except rice and eggs) and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.

2.  Serve it over rice and top with chopped hard boiled eggs.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: