Saturday, December 13, 2014

'Till We Meet Again

My Mother-in-Law passed away a few days ago.  She had cancer, but had been doing really well, and it still took us all by surprise.  I feel for my husband, his Dad, and his other family.  We'll miss her positive outlook, her infectious happiness, and the way she tried to make everyone feel good about themselves.  I once witnessed her meet a perfect stranger in the laundromat- a woman who was obviously having a really bad day and having a hard time physically and emotionally- and after talking to her just a few minutes, the woman was reduced to happy tears and they parted with big hugs.   She was so good with my kids, too; they loved spending time with her and looked forward to it.  She just tried to make everyone feel special and always seemed so happy, even going through cancer treatments.  Today is her funeral, and I can't be there, unfortunately.  We will all miss her, and look forward to seeing her again someday.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

4 comments:

Lorcutt said...

Thoughts and prayers!!!!

Unknown said...

What a lovely tribute! Love to you and your family.

Sonya said...

I am so very sorry for your loss..

What a Dish! said...

Thank you for your kind words, Ladies.