Friday, August 28, 2015

Nectarine Shortcake


We had a ton of ripe nectarines to use up a few weeks ago.  Inspired by my friend's double-stacked strawberry shortcake from this post, I made a nectarine one.  I was baking my 4-year old's birthday cake anyway, and I didn't need the whole recipe of this pound cake.  With the leftover batter, I made a small cake in a loaf pan and used that.  I thought this combo might be weird but it was just divine! The whole fam loved it.  I did over-whip the cream, but oh well.  It still tasted great.

Nectarine Shortcake
(idea from googling "Nectarine Shortcake)

1 loaf pound cake, store-bought or homemade
4-6 medium nectarines, slice and cut each slice into 3-4 pieces
1/4 cup sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, if not using vanilla sugar
whipped cream

1.  Toss the nectarines, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl and let sit for at least 15 minutes.

2.  Sliced the pound cake into equal slices.  Place one slice on a plate.  Top with the nectarine mixture and whipped cream.  Top with another slice, and top that again with nectarines and whipped cream. Serve.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**

No comments: