Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ricotta & Broccolo Fiolaro Pasta

I think this is the last recipe I'll post with Broccolo Fiolaro.  The season is just about over here.  I did buy some to cook and stick in the freezer to add to risotto in the future.  I got this idea from my friend here who sells Broccolo Fiolaro out of her Frutteria.  We enjoyed this as a change from plain Broccolo Fiolaro.
Ricotta & Broccolo Fiolaro Pasta
from my friend S. F.

8 oz. (about 250 grams) dry pasta (I used orecchiette)
2 cups (500 grams) full-fat ricotta cheese 
1 cloves garlic, minced
big bunch of broccolo fiolaro
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil
one lemon, juiced

1.  Cut the Broccolo Fiolaro into smaller pieces and cook in salted boiling water for 5-10 minutes.  Drain and chop into small pieces with a knife and cutting board or with clean kitchen scissors.  

2.  Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.  Set aside some of the pasta water.  While this is going, add the ricotta to a large bowl with the garlic, salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and the juice of one lemon.  Mix well.  

3.  When the pasta is done, drain (reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water).  Add the hot pasta to the ricotta mixture and stir gently to combine.  Add the broccolo fiolaro. If it seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water until the mixture reaches desired consistency.  

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But when do you add the Broccolo Fiolaro?

What a Dish! said...

I added it in step 3. :)