Friday, November 25, 2016

Joy the Baker's Hot Chocolate

Back on November 9, the day after the election, I was sad, and my son was home from school that day.  It was just us two, and I was flipping through my Joy the Baker cookbook, and came across this recipe.  I thought it was perfect; a comforting hot chocolate, easy enough to make, and great for two. My son and I enjoyed this together and it made me feel a little better.  I always have the ingredients on hand (milk, semisweet & white chocolate), and I love hot chocolate.

Joy the Baker's Hot Chocolate
adapted from Joy the Baker (also on pg. 147 of her first cookbook)
Serves 2 (the one on her website is a tiny bit different)

1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini)
2 heaping Tablespoons white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
2 cups milk (any fat content)
pinch of salt

1.  In a double boiler (or a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water), place both chocolates and heat over simmering water until the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.

2.  Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk until almost boiling.  Whisk the melted chocolate and salt into the milk and whisk until smooth and incorporated.  Pour into 2 mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream.  Serve immediately.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: