Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Super Easy Queso Verde


I made as part of an easy dinner and LOVED it.  It's SO easy! I've made homemade Queso dips in the past, but they usually require a roux.  For this, cream cheese is the base and it melts right into green salsa.  Then you add two other things.  This is not just easy and delicious, but it only uses 4 ingredients! (Optional chopped cilantro, as the 5th ingredient- I didn't have any.)

Note: I can only get small (7 oz,) cans of green salsa (salsa verde) here.  So I used 2 of those, to make 14 oz. instead of the 16 oz. called for in the recipe.  It was fine. I also used a young Manchego cheese in place of the Monterrey Jack.  I think an aged one would be too strong.  The young Manchego was WONDERFUL in this.
Super Easy Queso Verde
adapted from Valerie's Kitchen

1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde (or 2, 7 oz. cans)
1 (8 ounce) package cream or Neufchatel cheese, cut into pieces
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or a young Manchego)
chopped cilantro, for garnish, optional

1.  Place a large saucepan (I used non-stick) over medium-low heat. Add salsa, cream cheese, diced green chiles, and cheese. Cook, stirring, until completely melted. Pour into dish and garnish with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or Frito's Scoops.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: