Saturday, June 24, 2017

Grilled Rosemary Buttermilk Chicken

This recipe is SO quick and easy.  I loved it.  It's also only 3 ingredients, including fresh rosemary. The buttermilk makes it really tender, and this is a good way to use up extra.  Just now I realized it calls for 1 quart of buttermilk- that's a lot- 4 cups.  I'm not sure if I used that much.  I think I just used 2 cups, and I used 5 or 6 chicken breasts.  You just need enough buttermilk to cover the chicken. This recipe is super flexible. In Italy, everyone has fresh rosemary growing in their yard, so I just went outside and picked some.  I recommend getting a plant if you don't have one- it's nice to have on hand and super hearty.  I bet one could try other fresh herbs in this recipe, though.
Grilled Rosemary Buttermilk Chicken
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2-4 cups buttermilk
5-6 sprigs fresh rosemary

1.  Place the chicken breasts in a large ziploc plastic bag. Pour in the buttermilk to cover the chicken. Add the rosemary sprigs. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight, about 8-10 hours.

2.  Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. With tongs, take out each chicken breast one by one, shaking off excess buttermilk and removing the rosemary sprigs. Grill for 4-6 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through but still moist. Tent with foil for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.

 **This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: