Friday, February 9, 2018

Chipotle Hummus


I made this recently to go with a veggie tray.  I love hummus, but forget about making it.  We bought it often last summer to take with us into the National Parks we toured- it's a great and healthy snack.  Making it yourself is super easy, and cheap.  I tried this variation from Penzey's recently.  It uses canned chipotles.  I found some chipotle paste in a tube on Amazon, and used that.  I loved the ease of it.  Use whatever you have.  I also added some chipotle powder.
Chipotle Hummus 
adapted from Penzey's

1 16-oz. can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
2 TB. tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 small cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
3 TB. olive oil (use more as desired)
1⁄2-1 tsp. ground black pepper, to taste
1-3 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce (I used chipotle paste)
1 tsp. ground cumin

1.  Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth. If the consistency is too thick for your liking, add a bit more olive oil and blend again. Repeat if necessary. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with pita bread, pita chips, crackers, carrots or other vegetables. 

**This post and photos are property of 
http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: