Note: I still make this in 2016 but I now prefer a large tube pasta shape, as shown in the photo above. The shape in the pic is called Mezzi Rigatoni but any tube will do. I find it easier to eat this way, and it's a good fit with the tomato sauce.
Pasta alla Mamma Rosa
adapted from La Erika in Cucina
olive oil
500 grams pasta (I used linguine piccolo OR a large rigatoni or other tube shape)
1 medium onion, chopped (yellow/white)
200 grams cubed pancetta affumicata (smoked), OR cubed ham or bacon
700 grams passata di pomodoro (smooth tomato sauce)
100-150 ml cream
fresh basil, chopped
fresh black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, saute the onion in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When it has softened, add the ham or pancetta and cook and stir for a few minutes. Pour in the passata (tomato sauce) and let cook and reduce for a little bit. Then, stir in as much cream as you want. Finally, add the fresh basil and black pepper and serve over cooked pasta.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **



Nice one
ReplyDelete