Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baked Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans (One-Dish Meal)

Chicken, Potatoes, Green Beans
A cooking friend made this not too long ago, and I was intrigued at the idea of such an easy one-dish meal.  I made it right away, but couldn't get a good picture because of it being too dark outside.  My fam really enjoyed this, even if the kids didn't like the green beans... they loved the chicken and most liked the potatoes. My husband and I (along with our baby) ate all the green beans and it was fine, because they are really good.  (Those are flat green beans, BTW, the kind I can usually get here.)  Anyway, I made this again recently and tried to get some better pics.  The fam still enjoyed it, and I didn't even need to look at the recipe to make it- is' so easy.
Chicken, Potatoes, Green Beans
The recipe is just potatoes, green beans, and chicken, with a little butter on top, and a packet of dry Italian dressing mix.  If you don't want to use the mix, I'd just sprinkle with my favorite seasoned salt (or even salt-free, if you want) and a mix of dried herbs, like basil, oregano and parsley.  The first time I made this, I used salted butter and it was a little too salty because of the seasoning packet.  I used unsalted butter next time and it was great.  
Chicken, Potatoes, Green Beans
Baked Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
adapted from Domestic Creativity

4-6 medium potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups green beans, cut into even pieces
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 package dry Italian dressing mix

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.  Fill half of the pan with green beans.  Fill the other half of the pan with the potatoes.  Cover the vegetables with the chicken breasts.

2.  Cut butter into small pieces (like 1/2 tablespoon) and layer over the green beans, potatoes and chicken.  Sprinkle Italian dressing over the entire pan. Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

                                                **This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this dish need to be covered while cooking

What a Dish! said...

Yes, it does; note I said "Cover with foil" during the baking time. :) Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

Do you use skinless, boneless chicken?

What a Dish! said...

Yes, sorry; will write that in the recipe! ;)

fasolakia ladera said...

Potatoes with green beans it's a healthy recipe. We can also add some carrots, to :P