Garlic-Lime Beef Fajitas
1.5- 2 pounds of beef for fajitas
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
cumin, to taste
chili powder, to taste
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
1 large sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
1-2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tomato, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
light sour cream
8-10 flour tortillas
1. Stir together marinade ingredients and pour over beef. Marinate for a few hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil, and place in the oven to warm.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and pepper. Stir-fry until cooked to your likeness- I only cooked until the veggies were crisp-tender.
4. Meanwhile, grill the beef until done- ours was a tiny bit pink in some places still. Let meat rest for a few minutes; then cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. Serve meat with veggies, tomato, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, and salsa; all wrapped in a tortilla.