Monday, August 8, 2011

Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus

I really like this dish..... I made it for the first time a few years ago and forgot about it, but I recently remembered it and decided to make it last week, since I had both potatoes and asparagus that needed to be used.  I LOVED the garlic in this- it was the best part by far.  I got tired of slicing it, so I only included 5 cloves instead of the 8 in the recipe.  Darn it!  I'll use the full amount next time.  It was all browned and mellow, with some parts being soft and some crispy; so good!  I'd make this again with just the potatoes and garlic if I didn't have asparagus on hand, and just increase the potatoes a bit. 
Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus
adapted from Allrecipes

1.5-2 pounds red or yellow potatoes, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt, or to taste
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
ground black pepper to taste

1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).               

2. In a large baking dish, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and salt. Cover with aluminum foil.             

3.  Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix in the asparagus.  Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Remove foil, and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes and asparagus are tender and potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.               


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**/

No comments: