Friday, July 6, 2012

Cornstarch Sidewalk Paint

I'm so glad I came across this "recipe" for sidewalk paint.  It's just equal parts cornstarch and water, mixed with food colorings.  You paint it on the sidewalk, and the rain washes it away.  After it dries, it looks pastel, and like sidewalk chalk.  My kids LOVED it!!  They painted with it for over an hour.  Just don't let it sit too long, or it kind of turns to that Ooblek stuff, but a firm stir with a wire whisk can make it right again. 

BTW, this paint is a good thing to occupy my rusty old dollar-store muffin tin, lol!  Yes, I do use it for baking cupcakes in sometimes, IF my normal one is filled, but ONLY with paper liners!  ;) 

Cornstarch Sidewalk Paint
from Sophistimom

1 cup water
1 cup cornstarch
food coloring

1. Combine water and cornstarch with a whisk. Pour the mixture into separate muffin cups. Add food coloring to each. We made purple, orange, yellow, green, pink, blue and gray (not shown).  Mix each paint color with a paintbrush and go paint outside! 

No comments: