Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pizza Bread (Very Easy!)

Pizza Bread
This is such an easy and delicious dinner.  I saw this on Buns in My Oven, and it sparked memories of my mom making a similar recipe when I was little.  I picked up the ingredients to make it soon, and did so.  It only takes 5-10 minutes to put together and not long to bake.  And it's so good.  I used a loaf of Italian bread and it made a lot, because the loaves I can get here are huge.  So huge I had to cut them in half (length-wise) to fit in my oven, and do this in two batches.  (That's my largest pizza pan pictured below.)
Pizza Bread
There's not much more I can say about this recipe; if you like pizza, do this, it is SO easy!  I had fun taking pics, so here you go.
Pizza Bread

Pizza Bread
Pizza Bread
adapted from Buns in My Oven

1 loaf Italian or French Bread
Pizza Sauce; your favorite
Pepperoni (turkey is good) and other toppings of choice
Cheese- I used sliced Provolone and shredded sharp cheddar

1.  Slice the bread in half length-wise. Spread with pizza sauce (use as much as you like). Top with cheese – I used 6 slices of Provolone on each long side of bread, sprinkled with a bit of sharp shredded cheddar.  Layer on the pepperoni or whatever other toppings you like.

2.  Bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and the bread is heated through. Pop under the broiler for just a couple of minutes to get the cheese nice and bubbly, if desired.  My broiler is weird so I don't use it.  Just bake a bit longer.  Cut into slices and serve.
Pizza Bread
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: