Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Six years ago today, my daughter was born. She is my first child and I have such fond memories of her birth. My husband I were so young and naive back then! Those were good times.

Two days ago, my husband and I made her a pink house cake together. We had a blast! It didn't turn out perfect, but it was good enough for us. My daughter and all of the birthday guests loved it. I used two 9x13 cakes- one was a vanilla bean cake, and one was a cream cheese pound cake.

We had a big birthday party for her on Saturday. All I will say about that is that we had about 20 kids here for 2 hours and it was pretty crazy! Today we had our family party and gave her a bike (her 1st one). She says it is her best birthday ever!
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**/

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday to N! What a sweet little girl and she has a great set of parents! I LOVE the last two photos, it makes me smile really big :D (especially the one of her smiling!)

Beautiful cake Dish & hubby! I would say that is a little girls dream. You created a perfect birthday for the little girl!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Awww, what great memories you have created for her Dish! The cake looks great & N is cuter than ever. I soo want hair like that! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

These two photos made me all weepy! It goes by so quickly, doesn't it?
Jam