Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Birthday Cake!


With another birthday in the family, I had the oppurtunity to make another cake. It was fun, with some stressful moments. (Making over 200 drop flowers the day before, for instance, without really knowing how to make them.) I made the "Wilton Garden Party" cake in the Wilton Course 1 book. The cake recieved many "ooohs" and "ahhs" and it tasted good too. :) I used this yellow cake recipe, doubled, to make two 8-inch layers. I used a simple butter frosting for the ivory frosting and green leaves, and the same frosting (with a bit of organic shortening added) for the flowers.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks great! I'm so sad you have been victimized by scrapers. We can't let them win though!

LadyJayPee said...

Beautiful job on the birthday cake, Dishy!

Alyson's Wonderland said...

Beautiful cake Dishy! Looks delicious!

Hayley said...

The cake is so pretty and looks like it tasted yummy!

Coleens Recipes said...

What a beautiful cake!!!! I am new to recipe blogging so I don't know what a blog scraper is (now you have me worried).

Katy ~ said...

Dishy, beautiful cake. Well done indeed.

You are the second person I've heard of today who've had whole posts stolen (the other blogger has had it happen to her several times!) I didn't know such things could happen. I'm sorry to hear that it happened to you.

Alisa said...

you MADE that?! That's absurd!! those types of things are for magazines only!!

That's crazy someone stole your blog! Argh! How did you discover that?