This salad is SO good!! The name makes it sound like a salad dressing, but it's actually a salad. We actually first had this in Puglia- southern Italy- at an authentic Brazilian restaurant. I loved how fresh it was and how it went with grilled meat so well. I brought this to a BBQ and people mistook it for salsa- lol- it's actually really good with tortilla chips too! But it's meant to go with grilled meats. (There is parsley- not cilantro- in this.) Note: The original recipe called for a green bell pepper. I prefer red, orange, or yellow, so I with an orange one instead.
Brazilian Vinaigrette
adapted from Our Best Bites
4 large tomatoes diced small (about 2 cups)
1 medium white onion or 1/2 large diced small (about 1 cup)
1 green (or any color) bell pepper diced small (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup avocado or olive oil
4 tablespoons white vinegar or white wine vinegar, or half and half
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Chill for at least an hour (and up to a few) before using. Keep in mind that flavors, including salt, intensifies after sitting so taste when ready to serve and you can always add additional salt, if needed. You may also add more vinegar if you prefer.
No comments:
Post a Comment