Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cranberry-Walnut Tart

pie1W
This is  more of a pie-shaped blondie with cranberries added!  I LOVE this.  I found the recipe on Allrecipes a few years ago, tried it out on a whim, and have been making it ever since.  I love the flavor of the walnuts, cranberries, and almond extract all together, with the background of the chewy cake/blondie thing. 

I usually make this for one of my Thanksgiving desserts, but it's good anytime.  You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries for this. 

Cranberry-Walnut Tart
from Allrecipes.com

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.

2.Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
pieW
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Believe it or not I have just now started eating cranberries! I've only had them dried and really liked them so I imagine I will love this too..bookmarking it!

Linda said...

YUM! That looks SO good, Dishy!!