Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Egg Sandwich


Although I hate McDonald's (and most fast food), I do enjoy their Egg McMuffins.  They probably spray them down with trans-fats at McDonalds, though, just for good measure.  You never know what kind of fat is hiding in fast food.  At home, you can make them easily, and probably a little more healthfully, yourself.  Since I don't have access to McDonald's over here anyway, I decided to finally make a homemade version the other night.  We had these, for dinner, with salad and homemade dressing.  They were so easy, and good!  I used real butter, real sharp cheddar cheese, etc. 

Egg Sandwich

1 English muffin, split and toasted
1 tablespoon butter
1 slice Canadian bacon, warmed in skillet
1 fried egg
1 slice real sharp cheddar cheese

To assemble sandwich: butter hot English muffin.  Lay hot fried egg on one side, then cheese, and then Canadian bacon.  Top with other English muffin half.  If not going to eat immediately, wrap in foil.  Makes one sandwich. 



**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

2 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

I don't do fast food either, even though I like egg mcmuffins (and their hash browns). (And their french fries.) :D

Sonya said...

I've been making these forever..sooo much better when homemade! I wish they sold breakfast sausage over here, I really miss that!