Thursday, December 3, 2009

Eggnog Pancakes

I love the Holiday season; there are so many good things about it- one of those being eggnog!  :)  Here's a good recipe to use up any leftover eggnog you may have laying around.  I made these a few times a few years ago, and remember really liking them.  I made them again for dinner a few nights ago, and still liked them, but not as much as I like buttermilk pancakes.  These are still very good though, with a hint of nice eggnog flavor.  I've had good results using part whole-wheat pastry flour in the past.  (My whole wheat pastry flour is gone now; I am patiently waiting for a large shipment of it to arrive!)

You may need some extra liquid (more eggnog or milk) to get the batter to the right consistency.  I used 1/4 tsp. rum flavoring, but it was a very faint flavor- you may want to use more if you want more of that flavor.

Eggnog Pancakes

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups eggnog
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat eggs, eggnog and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. If batter is too thick, add additional eggnog, or milk.  Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**

6 comments:

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

I was hoping you were going to post this! I have a carton of Gingerbread Egg Nog to use up. I'm not a huge pancake fan, but my chickies love 'em. I'm thinkin' Saturday breakfast.

Shelby said...

Oh I think Gingerbread eggnog would give it some kick! :-) I might make these for our breakfast on Sunday!

Sonya said...

Im so jealous..we dont have eggnog over here..Im sure I could make it but Im the only one who would drink it..lol

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

It was awesome with my Gingerbread eggnog! I thought it was too thick, so I did add some regular milk. I even liked them!

Linda said...

Wow I wish we had gingerbread eggnog--I love cooking with eggnog, and these look delicious.

JelliDonut said...

These sound really good. Thanks for posting the recipe.