Friday, July 20, 2012

Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My daughter and I made these together for her blog.  My Dad has been making them for years.  They are thick, chewy, and delicious.  My whole family reaaaaally liked these.  Actually, my daughter made them for ice cream sandwiches, and it was hard keeping everyone out of them to save enough to make the sandwiches!  I wanted to use milk chocolate chips in these, but didn't have any, so I used a mix of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and some good-quality, chopped milk chocolate (from a Ritter Sport bar).  This recipe is HUGE!!  It makes a ton.  We cut it in half when we made it. 


Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies
from my Dad

2 cups butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
5 cups flour
3 cups oatmeal (quick oats)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 (10-12 oz) package chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans, optional

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs. Mix well until smooth. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Mix in. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Shape into golf ball size balls and mash down slightly on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake. Makes about 6 dozen.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

1 comment:

Sonya said...

this is a perfect recipe to have around christmas time!! pinning :)