Saturday, July 21, 2012

Easy Raspberry Ice Cream (Soft-Serve Style)

I've been having so much fun using frozen berries lately, obviously!  I just can't stop.  This recipe is so easy and fun; you just need a blender or big food processor.  I used my blender, since I don't think my processor could hold everything.  You combine frozen raspberries, some strawberries, cream and sugar, and blend it up!  It turns into something between soft-serve ice cream and a milkshake- so good!  My frozen raspberries must have been really sweet; I used 2/3 cup sugar (cut down from 1 cup) but it was too sweet still.  I'd start with 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar next time, and then add more to taste. 

Easy Raspberry Ice Cream
adapted from Taste of Beirut

1 bag frozen raspberries (12 oz or 340 grams)
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup whipping or light cream (I used light cream)
1/3 cup- 2/3 cup sugar, depending on taste
handful of fresh raspberries for garnish

1.  Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor except fresh raspberries.  Blend until very smooth and creamy.  (Add sugar to taste- starting with 1/3 or 1/2 cup and adding more if needed).  Serve right away, garnished with fresh raspberries, or freeze for one hour and then serve, garnished with fresh raspberries.  We served right away.  :) 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: