Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing

Yogurt Caesar Dressing
I tried a new recipe for Caesar salad dressing a while ago, using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise or eggs.  I really liked it, and it tasted like Caesar!  It will not replace my fave Caesar, but instead I'll alternate between the two recipes.  This is supposed to be a low-fat recipe, but the only kind of Greek yogurt I can get here is creamy, whole milk yogurt, so it's not low fat, but still delicious, and probably better for you than the mayo version.  (I love my full-fat Greek yogurt!)  (Note: I add more yogurt than the original recipe calls for; almost doubling it.  Also, I use my standard sub for anchovy fillets- capers.  They work wonderfully for Caesar salads!)
Yogurt Caesar Dressing
Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing
adapted from SkinnyTaste

1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano (or just Parmesan)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 small garlic clove
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon capers, drained, OR 2 anchovy fillets
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
pepper, to taste

1.  In the bowl of a food processor, add the cheese, the lemon juice, garlic clove, mustard and the capers or anchovies.  Turn the machine on and let it run for 15 to 20 seconds.  Add the oil and yogurt and pepper, and let the machine run for another 15 seconds.  Chill or serve right away.  Makes enough for a few salads (use a head of Romain, shredded Parmesan, and croutons.)

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try this. It looks a light lighter than the dressing I use. I have never used capers instead of anchovies but I will give that a whirl, too!

What a Dish! said...

I hope you like it, if you end up trying it. I can't get fat free Greek over here but it's great with full-fat! I'd like to see how it is with fat-free, though.