Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Biscoff Hot Chocolate

hot1W
I have wanted to make Biscoff hot chocolate for a long time, but never really thought of it seriously- then I accidentally came across a recipe for it, so I made it right after that.  In the end, I didn't really use the recipe; just my favorite hot cocoa mix (Spanish Cola Cao), hot milk, and Biscoff spread.  I guess I used the method instead of the recipe.  So, use whatever hot cocoa you like, or make homemade, and just add Biscoff!  :) The original recipe recommends to add the Biscoff to really hot milk and let it sit a while before stirring; this is great advice, it softens and melts and is able to be easily incorporated.  I used my mini whisk for this.
hot3W
This was super rich and decadent; I think I will only enjoy this treat occasionally.  The Biscoff also adds a bit of creaminess.  It was so good!!  Note:  If you are making your own hot cocoa from scratch, reduce the sugar.
hotW
Biscoff Hot Chocolate

8- 10-oz hot milk
2 tbsp Biscoff spread
3 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
OR approx 3 tbsp of your favorite hot chocolate mix in place of sugar & cocoa

1.  In a large mug, combine the milk with Biscoff spread, sugar and cocoa powder (or hot chocolate mix). Let stand for 1 minute to begin to melt the Biscoff, then stir until ingredients are all well-combined and mixture is very smooth.  Serve hot.

                                                  **This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**

No comments: