Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mozzacado Sandwich

 This is a great sandwich idea I got off TheKitchn.com.  It's just good bread (or a roll), fresh buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, avocado, and salt and pepper.  So simple, but so much flavor!!  Just be warned: this sandwich is super, super messy.  I think sliced bread would be less messy than a roll, but I only had rolls on hand when I made this.  I can't wait to make this with local summer tomatoes!

Mozzacado Sandwich
adapted from The Kitchn
Serves 2

4 thick slices sourdough bread (or two good rolls)
1 avocado
1 small ripe tomato
4 thick slices whole milk mozzarella
6 to 8 fresh basil leaves
Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

1.  Lightly toast the bread. (My roll was fresh from the bakery, so I didn't toast.)  Meanwhile, smash the pitted avocado with a little salt and pepper (add a squirt of lemon juice, optional). Spread a thick layer of smashed avocado on the warm bread.

2.  Layer the cheese with the basil and tomato over the avocado.  Make two sandwiches, slice, share with someone you love, and enjoy!


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: