Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time for Salad!

My husband teaches night classes a few nights a week and gets home very late on those nights. Lately, my kids don't seem to want to eat the dinners I make on those nights. I don't know what it is- even if it's something they would usually like, they don't seem interested. It's frustrating to spend time making a dinner that nobody will eat (except me). So tonight I decided to make it easy on myself and just make a big ol' salad. My 5-year old helped me and she even made her own salad! My 3-year old ate a bowl of Rice Chex, and my baby climbed onto the table and tried to poke my salad while I tried to feed him avocados and cucumbers. For fun, I made Raspberry Italian Sodas for us too.

My salad contained tender baby lettuce hearts, grape tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, avocados, sunflower seeds, sliced hard-boiled eggs (leftover from Easter-oh yeah!), sharp cheddar, real bacon bits, and Litehouse bleu cheese dressing. (I took the pic before I piled the dressing on.... that way it looks a little healthier... if you ignore the bacon bits and cheese). I love Litehouse dressings, by the way. They are like good restuarant dressings.

Here is my daughter's salad and Italian Soda. We took our meal into the dining room and had a girls' dinner while the boys were in the family room (well, the baby wandered back and forth). She had fun preparing the meal with me, eating it, and talking with me.

For dessert my we had sliced Pink Lady apples with Litehouse caramel dip- that stuff is pretty good too!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Hey Dish, your salad looks better than any resturaunt salad! I love Litehouse dressings also!

LadyJayPee said...

Mmmm! We're going the salad route tonight too. Looks delectable!