Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pi Day 2012!

We've celebrated another Pi Day!  Along with our usual Key Lime Pie, we had a Fruit Pizza Tart (Pie?), as requested by my husband.  For the crust/base, I used this recipe, just pressed into my tart pan.  I topped it with a Mascarpone frosting and it was sooo good!  I was also able to find fresh blueberries that actually tasted good.  (Thanks, Holland!)
Mascarpone Filling/Frosting
by What A Dish!

1/3-1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese, to taste
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
splash milk
splash lemon juice

1.  Mix ingredients together until smooth.  Spread over baked & cooled tart crust.  Top with fresh fruit.

We also enjoyed pizza, of course!!  We had copycat Pizza Hut Pan Pizza- a family favorite.  I made one 9x13 size and one in my 10-inch cast-iron skillet.  Definitely good times!!


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: