Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bite-Sized Greek Salad

 I took these fun appetizers to a party a little bit ago.  I didn't have time to make the "dressing" that was supposed to be added right before serving, and they were good, but not as good as they could have been.  I made a few for myself later, but this time, I used chunks of marinated (in oil) feta and the flavor was so much better!  I loved them.  I can buy jars of marinated feta here; if you cannot get it, you can make your own with olive oil, herbs, and chunks of feta.

While using the plain feta, I had a hard time with the chunks breaking when I tried to skewer them.  The marinated ones didn't break as easily, for some reason.  I could not get tiny baby tomatoes when I made these, so I just halved larger grape tomatoes.  I also halved slices of English cucumber, because again, I could not find mini cukes here.  :)

Bite-Sized Greek Salad
adapted from Cooking with my Kid

small tomatoes
cucumber slices
Kalamata olives, pitted
marinated feta cubes

1.  If tomatoes are too big, cut them in half.  Do the same with cuke slices.  Using toothpicks, skewer the ingredients in order desired.  I chose to to do: tomato, cucumber, olive, marinated cheese.  Serve.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: