Friday, April 12, 2013

Olive Garden Salad & Dressing

Olive Garden Salad
I think Olive Garden's salad and dressing is one of the best things in their restaurants.  I haven't been to one in years, but the last few times I went, I always got the soup, salad and bread sticks meal.  Of course, there is no OG here (or any other chain restaurants), so when one has a OG salad craving, one has to make it at home.  :)  Recently, I was served this salad at a church ladies' dinner.  I got the recipe from the woman who made it, and looked up a recipe online, too.  The one I found online was pretty much the same as the one I had at the dinner.  I couldn't find those pickled peppers at my store so those had to be left out.  :(  Next time!
Olive Garden Salad
Olive Garden Salad & Dressing
adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up! and B.E.

Salad:
2 romaine lettuce hearts (you just want the hearts, they will give you a crisp crunchy texture)
3 Roma tomatoes (I used halved cherry tomatoes; what I had on hand)
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup medium sized olives
1 cup croutons
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated is good)
2-4 pickled Pepperoncini

Dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Canola oil
2 Tablespoons corn syrup
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor and mix until well combined. 
 
2. Wash and chop your lettuce, tomatoes and red onion. Add your olives, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
 
3. Pour dressing over the top. Toss to coat and serve immediately.  You may not need all the dressing; can save some for another salad. 
Olive Garden Salad
 
Olive Garden Salad Dressing
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: