Thursday, October 18, 2018

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

I already have a recipe for this, here, but that recipe is kind of awkward where you have to cook and puree a tiny bit of pumpkin (what I had on hand at the time.)  I recently found this recipe, using canned pumpkin puree and it's so easy!  I actually had roasted and pureed a whole sugar pumpkin a few days before, so I used the puree from that, but I'd love to try this with canned puree.  It would make it even easier.

Note: I used Penzey's "Pie Spice" for this and it was perfect. I had an unopened McCormick pumpkin pie spice bottle, but when I opened it, it didn't smell like anything.  The Penzey's Pie Spice was perfect in this.

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
adapted from Passion for Savings

1 cup canned pumpkin puree (can use homemade)
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I used Penzey's "Pie Spice")
½ tsp. Salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 12 oz. bag real white chocolate chips (some bags are 10oz- this would probably be fine)
3 cups milk
2 cups half-and-half (or 1 cup half and half, one extra cup milk)
Whipped Cream for Garnish

1.  In a regular size saucepan, combine the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla, milk and half and half.  Heat over medium heat, whisking well, until everything is mixed and quite warm.

2.  Add in white chocolate chips and stir well until melted.  Taste to make sure it is hot to your liking.  Serve warm and top with whipped cream.  Top with an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or just cinnamon, if desired.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: