Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Blueberry Crisp

I really love fruit crisps, but don't have many recipes for them on my blog.  (I do have a few apple crisp recipes, and this lovely sweet cherry one.)  I love making crisps in winter with frozen fruit, which is what I used for this recipe.  Two 12 oz bags were the perfect amount for this recipe.  It was SO quick and easy to make, and tasted wonderful with vanilla ice cream.  I really love this recipe and want to try it with other fruit like cherries, other berries, peaches, etc. 


Blueberry Crisp
adapted from Spend with Pennies

5 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 lemon

Topping:
1/4 cup butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup oats regular or quick
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1.  Preheat the oven to 375°F.  Grate the rind of the lemon and squeeze the juice of half of the lemon. Toss blueberries, with sugar, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 3 tablespoons flour. Place in a 2qt baking dish. (I "measured" my baking dish by pouring 2 quarts of water into it to make sure it fit.... lol.)

2.  With a fork, combine the butter, brown sugar, oats, flour, nuts if using and cinnamon until crumbled. (Can also use a pastry blender.)  Sprinkle over blueberries.

3.  Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly. Cool slightly and serve warm.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: