Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Blueberry Cobbler (Using Frozen Blueberries!)


This cobbler was so good!!  It reminds me of a recipe my Aunt used to make- you layer fruit, batter, and then pour boiling water on top of the whole thing and bake.  It sounds weird but it turns into this delicious combo.  Plus, using frozen berries makes it super easy (and pretty cheap, too).  I used 2, 12 oz. of frozen blueberries for this.  My baking dish was pretty deep, though, and while it was really good this way, I wonder what adding one more bag of blueberries would do- I want to try that next time and I'll update.  We had this in lieu of dinner tonight with some vanilla ice cream.  :)

Update: I made this again with 3, 12-oz bags of frozen blueberries for my deeper-dish 9x13 and it was a good amount. For a regular, more shallow 9x13, I'd use 2 bags. 

Blueberry Cobbler (Using Frozen Blueberries!)
adapted from Reluctant Entertainer

5-7 cups frozen blueberries, or fresh (I used 2 or 3, 12 oz. bags of frozen*)
1 lemon juiced
6 Tbsp butter melted
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 cups boiling water

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Lay the blueberries on the bottom,  and squeeze juice of 1 lemon over the berries.

2.  In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, flour, and vanilla. Pour over the berries.

3.  In the same bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 Tbsp cornstarch. Mix together and sprinkle on top of the cobbler mixture.

4.  Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the entire cobbler. Bake for about 1 hour. (Check at 45-50 minutes. Biscuit topping should be golden brown, like pictured.) Let cool a few minutes and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: