Saturday, November 28, 2020

Pistachio Fluff Salad

My mom made this often growing up, especially for holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Last time we were with my parents for Christmas, my mom made it and my kids really loved it.  I don't think I've ever made it myself, but I finally did a few days ago for Thanksgiving when my kids requested it.  It was gone too fast.  Most people use Cool Whip for this, but my mom just whips cream and it's so good that way.  I used 2 containers of European shelf-stable cream, which ends up being about 1.5 cups.  You can use just one cup or 1.5 cups.  It's good either way.  Also, it needs to be made the day before for best results, or the pudding mix doesn't seem to fully incorporate smoothly.  
Pistachio Fluff Salad
from my mom

2 boxes (3.4 oz each) Jell-O Instant Pistachio pudding mix
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple (in juice)
1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (can use just 1 cup, can probably use 2 cups as well)

1.  Whip the heavy cream- I use a stand mixer but you can use a hand mixer, as well.  After it's whipped to soft peaks, fold in the dry pudding mix (do not add any milk).  Then, fold in the crushed pineapple (you can drain a bit of the juice, but leave some).  Fold in the drained mandarin oranges.  Transfer to an airtight container, cover, and refrigerate, overnight, if possible.  
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: