Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pan Pizza, Revisited

The Pizza Hut Pan Pizza recipe I made back in April has been so popular with my family that I've been making a lot of it lately, mostly for Friday family movie nights. The last 2 times I made this recipe, I made 2 pepperoni/cheese pizzas, and one pesto/red onion/feta cheese/olive pizza. I loved, loved, LOVED the pesto one..... it was wonderful with all of those flavors on top. The toppings are similar to this Greek Pesto Pizza I've made before, but it's still a little different with the thick pan crust. I thought the pesto pizza was way better than the pepperoni one, and my daughter agreed with me.

Toppings for Pesto Pizza:
1/4- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 small red onion, sliced, then chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
handful chopped black or Kalamata olives

Top pizza dough with these toppings, and bake pizza at 420-450 degrees for 10-15 minutes (for thick crust).
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Im going to give the Pizza Hut recipe a go! I really miss that crust. Your toppings look so delicious!

kellypea said...

Fabulous. It's been a while since we make homemade pizza and I've not seen the Pizza Hut recipe so would love to try it!

Shelby said...

Oh wow, yeah...this looks AWESOME!